Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Forget the Breadcrumbs Baked Meatballs


I mentioned once that we were trying to cut
carbs here in my patch of moonlight.

Shhhh...don't bring up this post, or this post, or especially this post.
I love to bake...don't judge. :)
  
Those are occasional indulgences.  As far as you know.

For the most part...we cut back on breads, pastas and such.
We usually don't have a starchy side with dinner.
Protein and veggies.
That's us.



This was something I came up with to change things up a little.
These meatballs are SOOOOO good...you might sing a little hallelujah song.
Okay...maybe that was just me.
Whatever.

Did you know that it's not necessary to load up your
meatballs {or even meatloaf} with breadcrumbs or crackers?

Nosirree, Bob.

I didn't even use egg.
Funny thing meat...it kinda cooks together like that.

Dump all your ingredients in a big bowl...like so:



Now might be a good time to remove any jewelry up to your elbows.


Now...mush it all up together making sure to get all
the seasonings and different meats well blended.

Now, I used a muffin scoop to shape them so I
knew they would all be about the same size.



Round them out some and put 'em in a baking dish.
Give 'em room to breathe a little.



Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 30 minutes.



Let's Eat:

 Forget the Breadcrumbs Baked Meatballs
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 lb. ground pork
  • 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage {I used mild}
  • 1/2 cup {or more} grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • pepper to taste {about 1/2 tsp for me}
  • 1/2 - 3/4 tsp paprika
  • 2 tbsp crushed fresh garlic
  • 1 tsp dried minced onion
  •  1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
Mix all ingredients really well.  Form into 2-3" balls.
Place in an oven safe baking dish...NOT touching.
Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.

printable version

Eat them straight out of the pan.
Or you could be more civilized and put them on a plate.
Toss them in spaghetti.
Just be careful of the pepper...if somebody sneezes...
your poor meatball...could roll out the door.

Enjoy!

:) Kelly

Sharing here:

I Heart Naptime

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, perfect timing. I am always looking for great meatball recipes.
    A friend recently have me a pasta machine and I wanted to make meatballs to go with the pasta. Thanks for the recipe and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm..what a great recipe girl. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Those look delish and as my husband just found he was diabetic would be just the thing. I'm a new follower. Won't you come by and share at Totally Transformed? I know my readers would love to see. http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recipe, Kelly--we like meatballs here, and I like low-carb recipes, so this is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I said before I love this low carb recipe. I'm going to try it soon. Thanks for linking up at Totally Transformed Tuesday. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm you're makin me hungry! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound wonderful! Stopping by from Carole's Chatter.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet comments make me a happy girl!
I love and read each and every one!
I do my best to respond to all of them...even though it may take a while...questions I try to answer right away.